Thursday, February 21, 2008

Here I am, live from Uganda

Hello everyone,
 
I want to let you all know that I have indeed made it safely to Uganda. I arrived at nine am local time at entebbe airport. However, only half of my checked luggage made the journey with me. The other half is still in jolly london town. That is alright, because some of my clothes and most of my shower gear and stuff made it, so life is fine. the rest of my luggage will be here tomorrow. It is currently ten fifteen in the morning on friday here in kampala, the capitol city of Uganda. I've been here for over two days. I am finally getting over my jet lag and am really enjoying my time here. Yesterday was a restful day and I spent most of it working on some lessons. I also slept off a lot of my travel tiredness as well. The people here are so very nice and they have been very concerned with my well being. I will remain in Kampala for the next few days and then I will travel on to Kapchorwa. which is about seven hours north and east from here. I am having a great time, and am overjoyed to be able to get out of the house. The weather is Sunny and eighties. NO SNOW!!! how nice. I am a bit scatterbrained right now, so I will try to update better later.

but i don't know when later will be. Perhaps a week.

please continue to pray as I travel to Kapchorwa and start my ministry. I will be busy daily. Aggrey has told me that there is much work there to do and the people there are very eager to hear the gospel. The harvest is ripe and the workers are few, as Jesus said. I look forward to next week when I can start my ministry fully.

I love you all and pray that you are having a good time, and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

if you would like to email me, it is lukeryggs@gmail.com.

Love and Peace,
Beret Lukas Ryggs

No comments: