Monday, May 12, 2008

a brief and scattered update.

so here i am, sitting at the Kapchorwa postoffice. I have been here before, many times, it is a place of refuge for me. I can come here and find solice and comfort because i can get internet and reach back home for a few moments of forgetfulness and encouragement from home. It is the only place in about 100 square kilometers that i can get internet. So... needless to say, i'm here on occasion. that was my intro. now for some pictures.
I think that this tree looks awesome. like a huge bonsai tree. it's really cool huh? I was hiking a lot on this day. i visited 23 houses and prayed for a ton of people.
people decorate their houses with all sorts of posters and things. They really don't care much about the content, as long as it covers their bare mudhut walls. This poster is about saddam hussein and his "mighty men"  I always get a kick out of posters like this, or newspaper articles that are pinned on the walls.
So, i preached at a conference with many people(1000plus)  and this is a picture from one night, of only a few people the hall goes further back, beyond what you can see. It was intense time.
The village you see down there is the village center of piswa. I was there for 4 days and i was preaching and visiting/encouraging brothers and sisters in the lord. I visited more than 50 houses in 4 days.  I probably hiked more than 50 kilometers! it was an intense time. 
within piswa town. the kids are always following you!

So, you see, for the past ten days i've been in the mountains. I went first to piswa and visited believers and prayed for them and fellowshipped with them in homes and such. It was a fun but draining time. After that i went deeper and higher into the "bush" and visited a place i've been before. Mengya. There was a conference where i was one of the main speakers. I preached to over 1000 people and we did a lot of dancing, eating and just plain revival fun. so it was a week there and now i'm back. What a time, what an experience, what fun. I'm a bit sick now, and really still tired. I was praying for the sick a lot and caught a bug from someone.(no surprise) being in a foreign country for a long time, you soon learn that you'll get sick a lot. your immune system isn't accustom to all of the bugs and things in the country. Oh well. God is an amazing healer.

Let's focus on one verse gal. 2.20.
Crucified with Christ, I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. 
that is the jist of it. We have been crucified with christ. it is in the past. our old sinful selves have been killed, on the cross. We are no longer slaves to sin but slave to righteousness (rom. 6) So, we find the next part. I no longer live but Christ lives in me. This is such a profound truth. It isn't my life that i'm living. I am part of Christ's body, the church. I am IN Christ. and vice versa. Christ is in me. He is leading my life and now I have Christ in me. Ruminate on this for a moment. Marinate on the fact that Christ lives in you! it is an amazing truth.

so that is my short "brief and scattered update" enjoi.

No comments: