Monday, March 3, 2008

So, last thursday I went with one of my host's to the place where she works. It is an organization called tiger's club team. It is an organization that offers a place for street children to come and get a meal, to play some football (soccer) and to take some basic education classes. It was a heart wrenching experience. I was there for aprox. 5 hours and I saw so many things that would break one's heart. There were children who were eager just to get some sort of education, so they would sit in class hoping to learn, hoping to have a future. Every thursday there is a big lunch gathering for all the children. These are children who don't know when they will get their next meal, these are children who have not been properly fed in weeks/months/years. This thurday there were 178 children. 178 children who are living on the streets, 178 children who don't have a home, who don't have good clothes, who don't have enough food for today, This is just the number of kids who come on thurday, the actual number is much greater. These children are in need of prayer. I ask that you pray for these kids. I had the opportunity to minister to a few of them and I walked out feeling more blessed than when I came in. I got to hear some of their stories. Some of their hopes for the future. This organization is great. They offer to give the children a future, by taking them to school, by training them for jobs that will provide for them.

please pray for them. and pray for the organisation.

I'm doing great.

thanks.

I'm having a great time here and enjoying the experiences.

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I am so proud of you for updating!!!! Now I just need to catch up on the reading. I'm glad to hear things are going well. You rock my friend.