Saturday, April 12, 2008

living is simple

The title "living is simple" 

Those are the lines to a switchfoot song. its a great reminder to me. living is simple, if you allow it to be. Too often we overcomplicate living with trying to manufacture our own "better way." The better way of a television, a cell phone where anyone can contact you at all times, a car, a house, a morgage, and we add all this little junk into our lives that we can't help but bump into it as we walk through our lives, and we still have wants. But, living can be simple. Without electricity, without t.v. without a morgage, no problems.  people did it for thousands of years, and even thought more. loved the simple things more and were devoted to loving people. 

We can do that too!

living is simple.

on another note...

i've been feeling some culture shock lately and small reminders from home are always nice. i was in the capitol city of uganda yesterday and now i'm back in Kapchorwa, missionworkin' it up. But, anyway, yesterday. ( i get sidetracked easily) So, yesterday, (but it's so easy to lose track), Yesterday i was at the (yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...- the beatles, good song) YESTERDAY! i was in a store picking up some supplies that cannot be gotten in kapchorwa, and i stumbled upon some ground coffee, african coffee, processed in a good way. I bought. I tried today. It was amazing. It was like a good cup of STRONG coffee and went deep into my bones and strengthened my intestines and brought my contenance up like a sniffing salts to a passed out boxer. It was an amazing experience. coffee.

wow. simple pleasure.

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. I love reading your stories. I have one thing to say...ADD!